Monday, April 28, 2008

Financial Modelling.

I see that I forgot to blog about this last week. My, oh my...

Anyway, as of last week, we had a 'changing of the lecturer' (for some obscure reason which I can't really recall, right now), and well, the new Chinese guy came along. Honestly, I couldn't make head or tail what the guy was talking about. Literally. Like, I could hear him and all but the whole thing was basically unintelligible for me (I know, I'm being really cruel here), because his pronounciation was really, really awful. I thought it was just me, but even Aira and Li Ling couldn't get him. (Li Ling didn't go for the lecture today haha). Seriously, 20+ people upped and left before the first hour was up. Usually, hardly anyone leaves the lecture.

Today wasn't so bad. I could pretty much get what he's saying this time around, although I missed out on some of the words. Like, I thought he mentioned 'dungeon' a bunch of times during class, but then at tute, Aaron told me that he was actually talking about the Dow Jones. Hahaha. At any rate, I guess I'm getting used to the way the guy speaks now.

I saw that someone posted up a message in the discussion boards last week requesting that administration change the lecturer, because well, we paid for it, we'd like someone that we can understand. So far, the 5-6 replies aren't very promising. The general consensus is that the lecturer CAN be understood, and the only reason I'm not putting my two cents into the fray is because these people are marking our assignments and exam papers. You REALLY don't want to highlight yourself to them when it comes to this. And besides, it's my final year and I wanna go out with a bang! I WANNA! *pouts*

IN OTHER NEWS:

Pamela told me that she thinks Zac Efron's hot. I was like, "Did you see him with his shirt off? 'Cuz there's a picture of that on PerezHilton's." Then she was like, "Nuh, Kid's Choice Awards." I was like, "Okay..." 'cuz usually, guys with shirts off tend to be clinchers for me. Because I'm shallow like that. I told her I've seen better, then she was like, "O really." Then I was like, "Ya rly." Haha. Anyway, she asked for examples, so I showed her pictures of Chace Crawford. And yes, she agreed with me. Teehee.

6 comebacks:

eunicetan said...

I find it soooo hard to understand Chinese lecturers too as well as the Korean one that I had. I was lucky I didn't get a Chinese wan though hehe. They just I don't know, squeeze three syllables into one or something.
I was taking my finals in the same hall with the engineering students and they had a Chinese lecturer and I totally didn't understand his chingchongEnglishchiang, I pity the poor things, to make it worse he was correcting a mistake in the paper :(

BigFatLittlePiggy said...

Haha yeah, that, and they roll their words over too much. Haha. We had a Vietnamese lecturer earlier in the semester, and she was perfectly alright. But I think she's been here for quite a while already, since she has the accent.
Oh gosh, exams... Hope they didn't misunderstand the guy. They should've gotten another invigilator with better pronounciation to do the corrections :P

eunicetan said...

I think that the poeple who were constantly raising their hands were seeking clarification with their other tutors hehe

BigFatLittlePiggy said...

Ahahaha. I sure hope that the guy we're having now (or any other similar dudes, for that matter) won't be invigilating any of my papers. Otherwise, I think I'd be more screwed for exams than I already would be :P

Rachael Lim said...

my tutorial teacher for accounting is from china. and she speaks really good english! her pronunciation is even better than some of us!

oh! chace crawford is hot!!

BigFatLittlePiggy said...

Hahaha. My assignment partner's from China, but she's been in the land of Oz since she was six, so no communication problems there. Teehee.

YES, HE IS! And he's really pretty, too xD

Post a Comment