And speaking of farts, here's one from The Usual Suspects:
Friday, August 7, 2015
And speaking of farts, here's one from The Usual Suspects:
Wednesday, August 5, 2015
Plus, special sneak peek! Watch this one first:
and the official trailer (I don't get why they call it red band) that leaked during Comic-Con this year!
And all these happened yesterday/the day before!! Proud that I'm up to date even without social media ;)
EDIT: Green band trailer below! The ending is adorbz.
[I Googled for the difference between green and red - red is R, green is for everyone. Figures.]
Monday, August 3, 2015
Misdirection! This post is not about me going on a liquid diet.
Although, I will allocate this sentence to say that I had Campbell's Mushroom Cheese Soup with Croutons, and am not feeling hungry whatsoever yay.
Rather, this post will just ramble, in general, about things uncompleted and other things in general. Like...:
- Today in the car, I got the feels from a nursery rhyme.
- Feeling like I take things too seriously, and therefore have two sticks up my ass. To the extent that even Kevin Bacon would have a tough time teaching me to... (cut loose) #GuardiansoftheGalaxy #responsible
- My Steven Universe post, which I just remembered writing that I would do, after viewing my blog. Not that I don't know what's in my blog, but there's comfort in pitch black.
- Previous sentence is unintentionally creepy (but intentionally left in since I typed it out already).
- Going through the rest of my blog made me also realise that I forgot to post about The Dress. Since I'm on this, I might as well say that I'm predisposed to seeing light blue and shit-brown, but if I had to choose, then I'd say dark white and dirty gold (instead of deep blue and pitch black). Here's the photo again:
|What is it about colors that tear people apart?|
- Watched two Marvel movies this year, but haven't gotten around to doing the reviews yet. I'll probably do so in time for the third... (Marvel-related)... one... next weekend...?
- Watched Star Wars on TV yesterday (no title subtitle means it's the first one), and finally got to show my mom the Stormtrooper headbang. Video below elaborates:
I don't quite have any more randomness at the moment, so I'll just (unceremoniously) end this post now.
Tuesday, July 14, 2015
The San Diego Comic Con(vention) happened last weekend, and despite not being in the U-S-of-A, thank heavens for the Internet and people with cameraphones!
Here are some post-worthy (methinks) videos from YouTube:
The trailer's only gonna drop three weeks later, so fuck it, indeed. Can't wait for Febs next year (hopefully they don't postpone!).
And finally, this made be b'awww:
[My next post will be on how speshul I find Steven Universe. Up soon!]
Tuesday, July 7, 2015
[Not late! Since not-late, hence, not-spoiler-free.]
Retcon! That’s right, retroactive continuity happened in Genisys.
After last year’s Days of Future Past (review of which I’ve not yet finished), I’m now big on movies revisiting the past and changing things so to get a different outcome. I intended to skip this movie (gave up after Rise of the Machines), but the trailer got me hooked.
If you've seen the trailer, I’m sure you know what's going to happen in the film (JOHN CONNOR HUGE WTF REVEAL!) so I’m not going to go into the storyline. Instead, and this is rather lazy of me, I’m just going to go into point-form about what I liked and disliked about the movie:
- Doctor Who sighting! At the beginning I glimpsed Matt Smith, and was just telling my mom that one of the guys in the back was Doctor Who when he attacked John Connor. The fact that he’s the personification of Skynet is super-cool.
- Young Arnie looked more realistic and his lips matched his words more than young Jeff Bridges in Tron: Legacy. Yay for advancing technology!
- Kyle Reese finding out that he is John Connor’s dad. A subtly hilarious scene. Jai Courtney is surprisingly not stiff in this film (see: that Die Hard movie he’s in and I, Frankenstein), although it could be due to the characters/directors of those movies.
- J.K. Simmons doesn’t die! Yay!!
- “I’ll be back”. “What?”
- Due to all the changes in the timeline, Skynet is now Genisys, a global operating system that would connect everyone and everything together. Comment on social media and Internet Of Things much? Going off-tangent here, but too much inter-connectivity is not going to do us much good (all it takes is one hacker). The next time someone tells me to get Facebook or WhatsApp or whatever, I’m gonna tell them to watch this movie, and then go to this website.
- Since they’re making Arnie young, they could've made Robert Patrick young and bring him back as the T-1000. Not that I don't like seeing Lee Byung-Hun, of course.
- It’s 2017, and to show that it’s present-times, OneRepublic’s “Love Runs Out” comes on, which is a single released in 2014. Petty, I know, but I noticed.
- John Connor is also a shape-changer, and he couldn’t change into Arnie to get closer to Sarah and Kyle? What.
- Why would Arnie dive into John Connor’s helicopter if John Connor is so powerful he can’t be destroyed? It's so futile. If Arnie doesn't come out of that dive, it would be completely futile.
- Robots can’t get into the quantum field generator? Then how on earth did Terminators (and John Connor) get sent back in time in the first place? And how is it that John Connor couldn’t survive being thrown into the generator with Arnie in the final scenes (magnetic disruptor thingy aside)?
I enjoyed this film, despite not being that interested in the Terminator series. That said, I think my enjoyment was buoyed by time travel shenanigans and Doctor Who (and I don't even watch Doctor Who).
Sunday, June 28, 2015
And in a most unexpected way.
Which makes me not quite know how to feel about it at all.
I'm not at liberty to elaborate further, so I'm just gonna stop here.