Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Undone by Tim-Tams.

So, for the past four months or so, I've been living in a dump (because I'm really lazy in cleaning up, and getting around in my room requires me to circumnavigate around shoes, luggage, prone plastic bags, laundry bag, coke bottles, and other such-likes.

Because my desk is cluttered as it is, I put my opened packet of Tim-Tams on my food area.

That's when the ants came.

As per title, the Tim-Tams are my undoing.

Took me a half hour to compose myself and touch all the food items (and I mean, ALL) that the ants have or probably have gone over, another hour putting them in plastic bags (luckily they were lying in abundance all over the room, so they were quite far away from the ants and I could use them), another hour bringing the trash down from my room, two more hours spent on pouring detergent all over the infested area, wiping away the ants, and flinging globs of detergen on the wall (especially at the hole where the ding-dongs came from), and another hour taping up the crevices where I think the bloody ants are coming out from. Which wasn't easy, since they seemed to be coming out from the built-in inactive radiator/air-conditioner thingy in my room. I miss you, flat surfaces.

Because of this bloody incident, I must.... KEEP CLEAN!! *GASP!* Well, at least for a while, so that the ants don't come back. So no more leaving food items on the floor, no more leaving pots/bowl, etc. unwashed till I got less lazy, and no more leaving finished food wrappers and stuff in the room until I finally remember to throw them out.

As of now, I have yet to wipe the shelves of the soap yet. My mom says I should keep it like that for a while, which is totally fine by me, since I don't think I'll be stocking up on food anytime soon. Only thing is, the fumes from detergen's kinda making me ill.

I should really clean the wall, though; soap's left white marks and I've to tell the landlady about the ant-hole.

[Oh, and I'm boycotting Tim-Tams now.]

2 comebacks:

eunicetan said...

how could you boycott timtams! =(

BigFatLittlePiggy said...

Because of the ANTS!! ARGHH! :p

But nah, I think I'd be back to eating them after a while xD

Post a Comment