Monday, August 4, 2008

Silent Snow, Secret Snow...

So on Saturday, we went up to Mt. Buller, this ski resort thingy. It was LOADS OF FUN!! Got some pictures of the scenery below (I don't really dig putting pics of myself on the Net). Like the idiot I was, I didn't bring gloves (I didn't even bring it from back home) because the thought never really crossed my mind.

We were supposed to take the 5am tram down to the city, where we THEN take the 6.30am tour bus up to the mountains. Unlike my friends who slept during the entire 4-5 hour drive up, I, for the life of me, couldn't sleep, I don't think it was because I was too excited or something. Basically the entire bus ride was pretty much crap, as I get motion sickness really easily, and wearing all those extra layers didn't really make me feel more comfortable. I envy Sophia; on our ride up the windy roads, she dozed all the way. Sigh.

[Pics later, 'cuz my stupid connection's being an eff-tard at the moment.]

Anyway, we reached the top at about 11am, and there was SNOW!! IT WAS SO COOL!! (no pun intended). And there was ice everywhere, and I was trying not to slip and fall on my bum. So we took the chairlifts up, six of us meaning three on each lift, and our first ride up (Esther, Sophia and I) we didn't put on that bar-thingy in front of us because we didn't know (Sophia and I found out the second time we sat on the lift with Wei Lynn). It was quite intense. I wonder what would've happened if one of my sneakers dropped onto the heads of one of the people below. High-ho Sneaker, AWAY!!

After reaching one of the peaks, we started throwing snowballs at each other. I played for a while, before my hands hurt from the cold winds and I had to shove them back in my pockets. We went back down for lunch, and we came back up again to traverse the slopy, snowy terrain (yes, I think I can actually USE the word 'traverse', since we walked really, REALLY far to get to the snowtube area). It didn't help that I couldn't put my hands out to keep my balance, since the ice was really slippery, but I managed to trudge along till we reached the chairlifts on the other side.

The snowtubes, weren't really much. Basically, you just sit in this oversized round swimming-type float, and they spin you down this slightly slopy area. I got disoriented. My friends were still playing around with that, since it did cost $20, and since Sophia's feet started aching ('cuzza the cold), we went down to this café by the second set of lifts. Even when we were still in the warm, we could still see our breaths in vapors. It was so AWESOME!!

After they were done, we went on the second set, back to the bus area, because they leave at 4.10pm. The second one was quite scary; I was sitting on the right-hand side of the bench, and it felt like it slightly tipping over to my side. Halfway they stopped (I think to get some other people on or something), and we were hovering over this HUGE drop. It was kinda funny 'cuz Wei Lynn wouldn't stop screaming. But anyway, it didn't really help with the wind blowing snow in our direction, and in my eyes. The whole side of my bag was covered with snow.

Lucky for us, it didn't start raining till we got on the bus. With my pink wintercoat, I still looked like an oversized candy treat. Haha.

So it was another five hours till we finally got back to Box Hill. I slept for like a bloody half hour (not of my own accord, of course), and for the rest of the trip, I've to put up with this little Chinese girl talking to her seatmate about herself and High School Musical. (I think she went on for about an hour or so). Wei Lynn started to imitate her after a while; I didn't really notice till I noticed she wasn't talking normally. I know it's mean, but I couldn't help but laugh.

The little girl went on to talk about Sharpay and Gabrielle, which was a bit annoying, since she kept saying "Lava STRINGS. LAVA! LAVA!!" to her seatmate (I'm guessing it's Lava SPRINGS, since the girl mentioned that Sharpay's parents owned it or something, I'unno. I don't really watch teenage crap.). I couldn't help sniggering, and Sophia said, "If you listen to her long enough, you'll soon talk like her." Which is quite true, actually. Hahaha.

All in all, we spent about $110 each, including meals (I spent a bit more than that because I bought Recharge), and we were joking around saying that one of Aaron's could pay for ALL six of us (because Aaron and his housemates went for like, two-three days starting Friday, and it's costing them $600+ a pop.).

But jokes aside, we found out that Lih Yii fractured her pelvic bone while on the trip yesterday (they were supposed to return last evening). As of yesterday, she's still warded up in the mountains (apparently, it's like a mini-town with hospitals and universities. Yes. Universities.), and will be until they deem her well enough to be moved to a better hospital or something. Luckily she has Aaron and some of the others with her; company and moral support are good in a time like this. Hope she gets well soon ^^

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment