Sunday, August 31, 2008

The end of an era.

[A TV-show era, if you will, 'least till I start GX.]

I just finished Yu-Gi-Oh! a few days ago (forgot to blog about it because the Internet/laptop was being cruel to me since then). Sniff. Now I'm gonna miss putting off episodes, teens doing nothing else but play card games, and watching people yell out their monsters' names when they launch attacks. I mean, they're just holograms (the monsters).

The show has about 220 episodes, all of which revolve around someone dueling with another person for something, either in a competition or to save the world or something. As Abridged Kaiba tells Yugi in YGO: The Abridged Movie, "The same way we solve all our problems on this show. By playing CHILDREN'S CARD GAMES!!"

Anyway, as silly as the premise might sound, I was seriously addicted to it. And now I've finished it. Sob.

I have no idea why I find a show about a bunch of teenagers/adults playing a children's card game so addictive. And now I can't watch The Big Bang Theory, because our landlady's tracking our Internet usage, and streaming is like downloading as well, so it sucks. And since we're sharing the bandwith with the next house, Internet = slownesh.

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment