Friday, August 15, 2008

Cartoons.

Just finished watching The Nutcracker Prince, a movie I saw a long, long time ago, and stumbled on again yesterday, when I was looking for Twelve Months (found the Spanish dub, but I want the English one, it's nicer).

I remember that actress voicing Clara was Megan Follows, but I was shocked to find out that Kiefer Sutherland voiced the Nutcracker. Like, Jack BAUER?!! I mean, his voice is quite low, I'd remember if the Nutcracker sounded like a grown-up dude (because the Nutcracker's supposed to be 14 years old.). But watching this again, if I didn't know it was Sutherland, I never would have guessed.

Sniff, sniff. Is feeling nostalgic now :p

Found The Princess And The Goblin! And Thumbelina!! MY Thumbelina!! Ohmigosh, I'm on a roll! xD

Now I have to find Jack And The Beanstalk (Gene Kelly!), Twelve Months (of course), Tooth Fairy, Where Are You?, and this cartoon where they jumble up all the fairytales or something, the title of which I can't recall. Damn.

5 comebacks:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, the English dub of "Twelve Months" isn't nicer. As usual, the dialogue is shrunk down to make it PBS-Kids friendly. On the other hand, the Spanish dub (produced in Spain and not by a cheap company in the United States for the Latino-American community) is delightful if you can understand the language. The voices are magnificent and the acting simply marvelous. =]

BigFatLittlePiggy said...

Unfortunately, I can't understand Spanish. The Spanish dubs I found on YouTube don't have subtitles, so it's a bit difficult for me to follow the storyline...

That's why I'd reckon I prefer the English dub, since I saw that one ages ago (still stuck in my mind all these years) and would like to watch it again.

Anonymous said...

Aw, I understand. I was saying because, as a Spanish speaker, I can definitely say that the Spanish dub for the film is beautifully carried on. Very nostalgic and powerful voice acting. As for the English dub, well, occassionally, a VHS copy from "Magic Window" appears on eBay, so you might consider looking there from time to time. =]

Anonymous said...

Oh, and as a side question, which version of Thumbelina were you making a reference to?

BigFatLittlePiggy said...

I see... Well, I'm subscribed to the person with the Spanish dubs, so I'll give it a go once my schedule lets up ^^

Ah. Thanks very much for the tip =) Can't say I've heard of Magic Window, though =p

I was referring to the Don Bluth one. That's the only one I ever saw =]

Post a Comment