Wednesday, August 13, 2008

2009 Movie List

[Yes, I know it's way early. But I'm really excited about the movies next year.]

I wanted to do this a few days earlier, but then the ants were holding court. This, by no way, is arranged by date of release, but instead, on the ones that I want to see the most. Will include/update with/correct release dates, when known.

1) Watchmen (6.3.09)
Look at the date! 6 + 3 = 9! zOMG!
Just spent the whole of last night reading the series (12 issues). Gripping storyline, plus Rorschach = Major pwnage. And the trailer looked really awesome.

2) Transformers 2: The Revenge of the Fallen(!!!!) (26.6.09)
Star Trek was initially Number Two, but this just in!! Aieeeeeee!

3) Star Trek (8.5.09)
I'm not a huge Trekkie fan (The Next Generation is pretty much the only spin-off I can stomach, probably 'cuz I saw it before I knew of the word 'spin-off'), but I am interested in seeing Zachary Quinto pull off Spock. Maybe he'll telekinetically slice someone's head off in the movie, although that's very much an unlikelylong shot.

4) The Spirit
Directed by Frank Miller. Think of it as Sin City with color. And like that movie, I'll be watching it just for the visuals.

5) Inkheart (9.1.09)
9 x 1 = 9! WOW! [I really have to stop doing this.]
'Cuz the trailer looked awesome. And Brendan Fraser.

6) Angels and Demons (15.5.09)
This book was way, way, way better than The Da Vinci Code, and therefore, must be read, read, read. Let's see how this translates on-screen, 'cuz TDVC: The Movie was a disappointment.

7) Erm... Dragonball? (8.4.09)
For fun. And to check out how big everyone's hair will be.

Falsely alarmed when I saw Avatar, but it's the James Cameron one, not the awesome one about element-benders. For those who haven't heard the great news yet, Avatar: The Last Airbender (in some places, The Legend of Aang) is about to get its own live-action trilogy, one for each book (season). The only slight (depends on how you look at it) downside is that the movies will be directed by M. Night Shyamalan, who's pretty much been criticized since Unbreakable (and even then, the movie got quite some flak. I thought it was okay.).

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment