Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Random Little Britain-laden post.

So today, when ordering lunch, I told the girl that I'll have 'the beg-and-eh-kon roll, please.' And this wasn't the first time I was having the egg-and-bacon roll.

This month's Flasher competition is about picking a song, and writing a story based on said song. Story must not retell story in lyrics. I'm so screwed. And this month's prize is fantastic: $40 Borders book voucher. That totally trumps last month's $30 JB Hi-fi voucher, which I absolutely, did not win.

I am SO addicted to Little Britain right now, having found videos of all three seasons (and specials! Except for the Comic Relief Does Little Britain Live ones) posted up on YouTube. For the unitiated, it's a two-man skit show depicting the lives of Britons, albeit in very derogatory ways, making it a very bad pick for UK tourism videos. That's why it's so hilarious. Think of it as Goodness Gracious Me with only two white dudes.

There're a lot of gems from the narrator (who spouts nonsense most of the time), but my favourite has to be the one in Little Britain Abroad, bringing in the Daffyd Thomas skit, where the guy (played by Matt Lucas) wears really tight acrylic shorts and tops and always claims that he's the only gay in his village. Only this time, they're on this gay-friendly Greek island:

"In Mykonos, it's opening night for Myfanwy's Bar. Look at those two. He's a gay, she's a lezzer, they're both morbidly obese, is this entertainment??"

And also in that episode, we have Bubbles Devere (another morbidly-obese woman) singing a rather old, but well-known song, that of which I've added to my iTunes.

Linkie for those who are a bit bored and can't think of anything else to watch: Little Britain Abroad, E1, 3/3. That bit of narration's around 02:55, and Bubbles' sequence begins at 05:20.

EDIT: Another fabulous one I just remembered:

"At number 10, the government is celebrating another election victory. I love an election; in fact, I'm having one right now."

Replace the 'l' in 'election' with an 'r'.

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment