Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Blackout!

Just an hour ago, the whole block had a massive blackout (only the uni lights were still on). I was in my room, when suddenly, I was plunged into the DARKNESS!! Haha, I'm being melodramatic. I still have my laptop. Teehee. But it WAS quite dark, since the curtains were closed (I wanted to keep the cold out. I know it sounds weird, but my curtains are really, REALLY, thick. Insulation). And my room's facing the road, so if I didn't close the curtains, any other person walking by could see into my room. The only time I didn't close the curtains was during summer. It was so hot then that I couldn't give a rat's ass whether anyone was looking in. Not that anybody would, though. Heh heh.

Anyway, threw open the drapes, saw even the streetlights were out, went out of room, yakked with Zhang Fan and Liu Ting. Ian called the landlady, but there really wasn't much she could do. I was loafing about downstairs for quite a while, because the only other thing I could do was go to bed, and it was too cold to do that. And besides, I wasn't sleepy yet.

Finally, some workers came along and prodded at the powerline across the street from our place. Like, six of us were standing outside of the house watching them do it (one of the boys, I can't remember who, said that we might see sparks), and I was wearing shorts. Yes, you thought right. I really WAS asking for it.

And then there was LIGHT! So the whole bunch of us just ran in, and I quickly boiled water because I take a hot-water bottle to bed. The End.

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment