Monday, December 2, 2013

Ode to my (old) sunglassies.

[Today's post is brought to you by 2008. Yes, it's that behind schedule. It's also a departure from my usual wordy ones, as there are photo-bombs. And by 'photo-bomb', I mean, bombing this post with photos, and not that other extremely fun thing.]

When I was in Melbourne, I lost my China-bought sunglasses (the damndest thing is that I still don't know how I lost them). I was thinking of only buying a new pair when I returned to Malaysia (due to the currency exchange), but with that late autumn came super-bright sunshine, and my eyes really couldn't take it any more.

[And before you think it, no, it wasn't an excuse to buy me a pair of sunnies from Aussies.]

So I traipsed down to Chadstone (which, in itself, is an achievement on its own because I rarely venture far from where I lived), and I bought myself a pair of Tommy Hilfiger sunglasses.

Yes, that's right. Tommy. Fricken'. Hilfiger.

And the best part was, it had a 30% discount!! Usually I only ever get 10% discounts (because the higher-discounted items all looked shitty to me). Bought them for AUD70, with a rate of 2.5. Not too shabby, eh?

Anyway, these pictures were taken in 2008, and please bear with my pathetic attempts at artsy shots:

If you're wondering what's net 200g, it's Red Rock Deli's Sweet Thai Chili chips. 
Spot the UHU! On the left (also yellow) is PVA glue. Neil Buchanan used it all the time.
Devondale UHT milk. Bought them in packs of six. 



Yes, I'm relatively messy. Being a working adult hasn't changed things one bit.
Last one!
The sad thing is, these sunnies are currently out of commission. I had them hooked onto my collar when getting off the bus on our Italy trip, and they fell off and broke :(

So we officially got to sunnie-hunting in Italy, because the sun was rather bright at the time and I figured, since bloody everyone was splurging on branded goods, why not I? And for far more practical reasons than theirs, too, because everyone else was trying to out-buy each other.

Long story short, we had a sojourn to Switzerland when I spotted sunglasses from Karl Lagerfeld so I totesboughtthemtheend. For the record, the Lagerfeld sunnies was the only branded item I bought on that trip.

My sunnies are in the car and my camera isn't, so I'll post photos of them laterz.

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment