Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Hobbit: A Chrome Experiment.

Tying in with the release of the second Hobbit movie (The Desolation of Smaug), Google has actually come up with what they call "A Chrome Experiment" where you can explore Middle Earth just from your Chrome browser.

I discovered it when I went on Google last week (yes, the post is old) and there it was, just an unassuming link on the Google page. Here it is: http://middle-earth.thehobbit.com/

Zooming into the worldmap, it gives you locations from the film (I believe; because I haven't seen it yet), and clicking on each location gives you more details including mini character bios and mini-games. The mini-games relate to whatever it is that happens on film (the Dol Guldur segment was bloody creepy because the smoke monster Necromancer always got me early in the game).

This is where Sherlock Smaug lives.
It's a pretty neat piece of marketing. The only thing is, it's a massive bitch to load if your internet connection is S-L-O-W. Like how mine is.

[Short post today. And yes, I've run out of things to blog about for the moment.]

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment