Sunday, December 29, 2013

If I were a Sin...

...I think I'd be Gluttony. I mean, I'd be more like Gluttony than any of the other six Sins.

[Anger and Envy would tie at a close second.]

The past week or so, I've been stuffing my face, partly because of work stress and partly because it's Christmas and I don't feel festive and joyful enough if I don't stuff my face.

In continuing with the binge-eating, today I had two lunches.

And that was made possible by going to two restaurants.

[Three, if you count Nando's, that we walked out from. They were out of chips and wedges, and I really wanted my Nando's dubble-potato fix on account of Christmas lunch, when they first ran out of chips.]

We went to Dome for their fish and chips, and when it came, the fish was browner than KFC chicken. Since they couldn't exactly give us a new one (the waiter said it will still be as brown), and that same waiter said he only heard one order of fish and chips (instead of two, which is weird to us because he did bring over two sets of cutlery), we accepted the dish by virtue that it was already sent to us, and I shared it with my mom to tide her over till we could go to Xuan Xin for her lunch.

Meal Numero Duo was in Xuan Xin (fourth floor), and we ordered the salted fish fried rice (I can't recall the exact name, but it's the one that I order every single time because I quite love it) and shared it between us. We also ordered the siew mai (I don't know what this is in English) from the dim sum (ditto) menu, but presentation-wise it was awful. The whole thing looked overcooked, and the meat part looked like it kind-of merged with the wrapping which then melted or something. The only upside is that you could actually taste pork, because other siew mais I've tried tasted like fishball-type things.

To cap it all off, after we reached home, I napped. Thus ends my Saturday.

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment