Sunday, November 24, 2013

I hereby proclaim my (unofficial) patronage to Debenhams.

Or at least, Red Herring.

[I do think my posts are more boring when I'm not bitching.]

We rarely ever go to Gurney Paragon, because we're afraid of narrow parking lots and walking isn't my thing. Since Jellybunny opened in Paragon yesterday, my mom and I thought we'd sojourn there today.

Before heading to the store, we stopped by the Godiva chocolate shop. Surprisingly, European premium chocolates really are cheaper than in Malaysia (I'm surprised because I hear European things are more cheap in Europe but so far I've not encountered such things yet), like, by a huge margin.

What's sold in France for EUR4.00 is sold here for MYR32.00.

ACTUAL SIZE.
Similarly, I don't recall their regular chocolate boxes (not truffles) selling for more than MYR200 over there. I'm not able to find the box we bought, though, which is a Special Edition one for Brussels (they have one for London, Paris, Singapore, etc., but I don't know there's one for Malaysia or no). Anyway, we paid EUR17-ish for that one.

So, kids, remember: when you're in Europe and you see a Godiva, you buy those chocolates even though the exchange hurts, because that exchange will hurt far less than not exchanging.

Chocolates aside, we went to Debenhams next. It's my second/third time visiting the place, so I figured I might as well try something on for once.

That 'something' was two dresses, and both fit my bodice like nobody's business. I'm rather big-boned, so dresses either bunch or tighten up at the back (don't get me started on the front), and I end up in a dress that's very obviously one size bigger than it should be (which is why I don't really buy fitted dresses).

These fit me like a glove, up top. And that's a phrase I rarely get to use, because it never happens.

I ended up buying only one, because the other had a slit mid-knee, which is weird when sitting. And it's expensive!! The one I bought retails for MYR245.00 here, whereas Debenhams online tells me that it's GBP35.00. That's like, a MYR100 difference!!

This is the one I didn't buy. You don't notice the slit so much in this picture because of the black stockings, which I don't wear.
So, now I know I can get nice super expensive dresses that fit me well at Debenhams. As unlikely as it is, I'm hoping that they open one in Gurney Plaza.

We finally made it to Jellybunny (it was extremely packed for a tiny shop) where I bought a pair of maroon flats for MYR59.00. Then after that we went back to the Plaza for lunch where I stuffed my face with fried rice and fried cuttlefish.

And... that's my day done. Toldja it'd be boring when I'm not complaining.

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment