Friday, November 22, 2013

Happy 50th Anniversary, Doctor Who!

I only got to know of Doctor Who because of the yearbook my parents bought at a mega-book sale, like, 15 years ago.

This was mine. Based on the Tardis Wikia, apparently, it was the last one published.
To have BBC is to pay extra, so we don't have BBC and thus, we don't have Doctor Who and Sherlock. I found out about the anniversary from Google, where you can play a mini-game involving five levels, switches and Daleks.

And angels that weep. If that were me, I'd chuck my umbrella at that thing and run through the Dalek horde (off-screen) screaming.
You can choose who to start with (I chose William Hartnell, the first Doctor). On my first try in the above level (above grab is my third attempt), I ended up with the guy after Tom Baker (I can't really remember the names of the guys between Baker and Sylvester McCoy, who I remembered because he looks like Pee-wee Herman on the Yearbook cover). Baker is the Doctor with the scarf (in the bottom left corner).

[And in recent years, he often said, "Britain... Britain... Britain...".]

Took me 11-plus minutes on my first try!


The best part is, it doesn't matter if you die after Matt Smith; you just become the first Doctor again. Yay for circular regeneration!

In continuing with today's stumble-upons (like with the Google), I also found below related video. It's a 19-minute Comic Relief episode starring Rowan Atkinson, Richard E. Grant (*swoon*), Jim Broadbent and Hugh Grant as Doctors, and President Jonathan Pryce as the Master.



Being unfamiliar with Doctor Who, the video impliedly explains that nothing ever gets explained on the show. Oh, well. Enjoy!

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment