Monday, July 28, 2008

These boots were made for walking...

Unfortunately, my only pair does not fall into the above category.

I decided to wear my heeled boots to campus earlier today for the heck of it, and right now, I'm sitting in front of my laptop, nursing my big fat toe. The left one. I didn't stub it or anything; I blame it on the way I walk in those boots. Grazed it, I guess, I don't really know how to describe it.

The only major accomplishment wearing those boots today (and no, GETTING my huge-ass feet and tree-trunk calves into aforementioned boots is not that) is that I ran across the road in them, and I did not fall flat on my face. With cars coming down on the other side, and I ran. Whee.

Never again, though.

Trouncing around campus in them (well, it FELT like trouncing), I took elevators, and avoided as many fixtures with steps (read: stairs) altogether. I almost tripped myself walking down the stairs because the elevator wasn't working, but I managed to redeem myself just a little by staring straight ahead, and pretending it never happened.

That guy next to me didn't have much luck with that. Could still feel his eyes in my direction as I made my way to the vending machine.

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment