Friday, July 4, 2008

Another three movie reviews to make your eyes burn.

I watch three movies (and then some) while flying back on the 30th. Here's what I thought of them:

Vantage Point
Vantage Point's this movie about the US President being assassinated moments after this summit had started. The movie rewinds 23 minutes before the event, and looks at it from the eight people's point of view. Watching the movie, I only got five.
Now, I can take Dennis Quaid single-handedly take down the terrorists and rescuing the President (because he's probably done it before in some other movie). Hell, I can even take Forest Whitaker STOP said terrorists with his magical camcorder. But what I CAN'T stomach is the fact that the leader of said terrorist faction actually SWERVED to avoid a LITTLE GIRL that ran out onto the streets crying for her mommy. I mean, these are TERRORISTS, for Pete's sake!! Running over the little girl shouldn't be a problem, it's called COLLATERAL DAMAGE!
Other than the rather lousy ending, I thought the movie was terrific. A few great twists, and I love how they went back and looked at event from everybody's point of view.

The Other Boleyn Girl
I don't profess to be a fan of political movies, although if they DO come my way, and I've nothing else to watch, then I'll sit through it with no complaint. Having missed the first 15 minutes of the show (even watching through it the second time around), I thought the movie was good. It was interesting to see how Natalie Portman (playing the infamous Anne Boleyn) played off her sister, who bore Henry VIII's male heir, and got Henry VIII to marry Anne instead (hence, the separation from the Roman Catholics, the beheadings etc. The rest is history). Anne must've been kicking herself; all her children with Henry were girls.

Jumper
Jumper was a huge disappointment, for me. Too much talking, not enough Jumping. The only time when it all looked cool was when Hayden Christensen and Jamie Bell were Jumping here and there and all around because Hayden had taken Jamie's remote control thingy, and Jamie wanted it back. Besides looking cool, in my opinion, that bit was rather pointless. Jump with Sam L. Jackson, for crying out loud!

I also watched a little bit of Enchanted and Horton Hears a Who!, but I can't really comment on those because I didn't watch the full things.

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment