Thursday, October 11, 2007

MATHEMATICAL MODELLING! OH YEAH!!

This morning, LUCKILY(!) I checked my university email account for any new messages. Turns out, the mathematical metaphorical wheels were already in motion. Earlier this week, I'd email my university's customer service, asking them whether I could take a Music paper and a Math paper, for when I cross over. The Music paper needs another paper for its prerequisite (one which my mom said would be REALLY elementary for me, that's why she suggested I take the slightly harder one) while the Math paper said it needed VCE Mathematical Methods 3 and 4 as prerequisites. I read the Math paper description, and they pretty much matched what I did for my A-Levels (but this being a university-level paper, it'd be harder. But at least I have the background).

Anyways, back to today's new message. Alison (the lady I'd contacted) emailed Monique, who then emailed Gleb, who's the big dude in charge of the Math stuffs. Alison forwarded me the entire correspondence, with Gleb saying that if I could just provide a description about my A-Levels Math syllabus, he could then look at it and tell me whether I can take the paper or not.

Which brings me to 'Oh, shit.' I think it was about 9.30am then. I checked the CIE website, but they don't have the previous years' syllabus archived, just the current year's, and the subsequent years to come. Googled, but nothing came. Why bother actually? I can't even Google to save my life. I don't think there's anything wrong with Google, I just suck at Googling.

So anywho, I then decided to SCAN my 2005 syllabus description in. Yup, SCAN! Took me a bit, cos I haven't scanned anything in ages. Finally scanned in, only to find out that I can't remember that website where you can link image files into one .pdf file. Oh, shit, again.

About 4 hours later (yes, I'm THAT inept!), I finally scanned all 5 pages in, attached the 5 files to my message to Gleb (took forever to upload, till I thought the connection might be out already, cos sometimes, shit happens), and sent it to him, all the while wondering whether I'd mess the thing up or not, cos I would be going out with Pamela later on.

Went out with Pamela, stuffed myself, got fat. Came back, checked mail, saw Gleb's CC stating that the 2005 A-Levels syllabus is similar to that of the VCE's. YES!! YESYESYESYESYES!!!!! I'm allowed to take Mathematical Modelling as an elective! Oh yeah, uh huh... BOO-YA!!! But the reply for the Music paper hasn't come yet, so when that one comes, to be safe, I'll confirm with Alison whether I can take MathMod or not (see? I even have a nickname for it already. Haha!)

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment