Saturday, February 7, 2015

What lack of TV can get you.

I initially wrote this post early this week, thinking that because my idiot box is in the shop, I would have one less distraction and actually get quite a bit done. In my optimism (rare!), I had listed down the things that I'd be able to complete in this one week.

I actually started the post off with, "It can get a shitload of things done!".

Not so.

Chinese New Year is coming, so I've got to prep for that, and this past week I've been stuck in the office more than usual, trying to finish the unfinishable and hope that a curveball doesn't fly my way at the last minute.

[Although it most assuredly will!]

I think the only thing in my list that I managed to achieve is phone-surfing, which, in a(nother rare!) moment of foresight, I got the one-week pass before I found out the TV was being difficult and that we would send it to the shop that very weekend.

Other things that I thought I'd get done (but didn't) are:
- movie reviews. My very at-least-two-years overdue movie reviews.
- moving furniture back to where they were - we re-tiled the kitchen and part of the living room because the weather was so hot the tiles exploded (I think this is the word for it). The re-tiling happened last May.
- cleaning the house
- travelogues. My at-least-eight-years (2007!) overdue travelogues.

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment