Thursday, February 19, 2015

Happy Chinese New Year!

May the Year of the Goat bring much joy, happiness, health, wealth and prosperity!

*****

It’s been a pretty good day. This morning I went to church in an ensemble that's the same color combination as Mark Ruffalo in The Avengers (purple top, brown bottom); I got a very yummy crème brulè ice-blended from Coffee Bean (my previous and first one was rather salty); I only missed one episode of the Legend of Korra: Book 3 marathon (never has my timing been that good), and I got to finally see The Lego Movie and snack on Red Rock Deli Chips at the same time!!

[Review up soon! Promise! EV-RYTHING IS AWESOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEE!!!]

Now, onto Korra: new air-benders, lava-bending (Bo Lin discovering that he could lava-bend!), that water-bending lady with no physical arms so she uses water as her arms (how friggin’ cool is that?!), and the air-bending bad guy who eventually flies!!

FLIES!!

To me, that is like finding out blood-bending is an extension of water-bending. Or even finding out that there is an entire army of metal-benders and they're (mostly) all cops.

Despite the super-formidable bad air-bender, the final fight only lasted the length of a regular episode (unlike, if I recall correctly, the fight between Aang and Fire Lord Ozai), and the poison used on Korra was metal-based and there were metal-benders around. Convenient, much?

It was still a thrilling season, though. Seeing that air-bender baddie take the air out of someone's lungs is chilling in its own right.

Nickelodeon's always re-running Book 1 (which I've already seen), so I'm glad they aired another season today.


[Meant to post this up earlier but internet had died on me.]

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment