Saturday, February 28, 2015

Blog post is delayed...

[...but my reaction was immediate, as laid out below.]

OHMIGOSH WHY MICHAEL KEATON NO WIN OSCAR ONE!!!! I MEAN EDDIE REDMAYNE IS STILL YOUNG HE HAS ANOTHER FORTY YEARS TO GET ANOTHER OSCAR NOM.

I told my friend the above and she said, "hahaha okay", and I replied, "APA OKAY IT NOT OKAY LAAAA YOU SEE I DON'T WATCH OSCARS LIVE NIA THEN MICHAEL KEATON NO WIN LIAO."

Capslock aside, I thought the Academy was all about rewarding people who've paid their dues. Keaton's certainly been in the industry long enough, and coupled with the fact that Keaton was nominated for a role reminiscent of his own career in a movie that is so freaking meta, I figured he'd practically be a shoo-in already.

[I even heard Jeff Bridges say, "You're gonna win this, maaaaaaannnnnnn". Sigh.]

Now Tim Burton, please go do Beetlejuice 2 so that Keaton can have another shot at the Oscar ktnxbai.

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment