Monday, September 8, 2014

#ExplainAFilmPlotBadly

It’s purely by accident that I discovered this trending Twitter hashtag.

And I’m very glad I did.

One of my major, major loves (aside from bitchin’) is movies, and I’m having a huge blast going and guessing my way through the tweets. For some reason, Titanic, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Star Wars and Forrest Gump are very popular choices, although I did see some good ones relating to Captain America.

This hashtag adds to the long list of things that make me want to get Twitter, but I’m still resisting! But I can’t help but participate in this one, though. In keeping with tradition, my contributions are below 140 characters. Answers are below each description line, blacked out, so please highlight.

  • Surfer dude carries out father’s legacy, targets matricidal detective. #ExplainAFilmPlotBadly
    Frailty
  • Batman and Wolverine try to one-up each other while Alfred and Black Widow take sides. #ExplainAFilmPlotBadly
    The Prestige
  • Extraterrestrial securing preservation of own species, constantly thwarted by humans using time travel and plot holes. #ExplainAFilmPlotBadly
    Men in Black 3
  • Buddy cop movie perpetuates stereotypes of blacks being really, really loud, and of Chinese doing kung-fu. Does this three times. #ExplainAFilmPlotBadly
    Rush Hour films.
  • Aliens make old people young again or something. #ExplainAFilmPlotBadly
    Cocoon. Okay, maybe I jumped the shark with this one.

Argh, temptation! I'm seriously pumped about this one :P

Edit: Updated to include link to posts hashtagged https://twitter.com/hashtag/ExplainAFilmPlotBadly?src=hash. Enjoy!

Re-edit: To black out answers in points 4 and 5. Sometimes HTML is sucky.

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment