Sunday, January 5, 2014

#SherlockLives! Spoilerish!

Totally. Worth. Skipping. Office's New Year Party. For.

And I was totally tricked into thinking that the opening scenes were how he did it! Never mind that it seemed a bit far-fetched with the whole Mission: Impossible face-off thing and the hypnotist.

But the part when he kissed Molly... Oh em SQUEE!! I don't ship but still!!

Series 2 Episode 3 ended with Sherlock faking his suicide. It's in line with the original stories, except that instead of falling into a waterfall, BBC-Sherlock falls off a building.

I mean, it's a lot more difficult to go fake-splat onto concrete than it does on water, yannoe.

The actual case for this episode really isn't much unlike previous episodes (it brings to mind the V for Vendetta movie); its brilliance comes from John coming to terms with Sherlock being alive, which leads to some very funny (and very emotional) scenes between him and Sherlock, and with Sherlock's interactions with all the other characters.

[I don't know why I'm into bromance these days. Thor/Loki FTW!]

The episode even pokes fun in answering how Sherlock did it, showing us three scenarios, one of which has a scene that totally made my day:

I DON'T SHIP BUT STILL!!
Though the actual answer is not outlandishly ingenious as expected/hoped, it doesn't exactly disappoint either. Thankfully, I've only jumped on the series some months ago, so I didn't experience a two-year withdrawal like other fans (hopefully this doesn't happen to me when Series 3 ends).

Parts of the episode didn't really sit well with me, though. Sherlock riding a motorcycle through London like a bossstuntman? It seemed like an unnecessary bit of action. And Sherlock himself is a lot more humorous now, which is a bit weird watching because part of the humour from Sherlock is from watching him being completely aloof from others. Plus, I know it's his thing to gather facts on people only at first glance, but I kinda prefer it when there's an explanation as to how he derives those facts.

[Like in Series 1 Episode 1, when he first saw John. Good times.]

Anyway, Episode 2 is coming out this Sunday, which is a fantastically unexpected surprise to me as I'm used to weekly schedules, and I absolutely cannot wait. Toodles!

EDIT: I was just informed by the Internet that even Sherlock's admission, which is the last of the three scenarios, seems just to be that: another scenario. Damn. No wonder at the end of the episode John asked him how he did it; I just presumed that he didn't share with John what he told Anderson. 

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment