Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Just saw "His Last Vow"...

...and I take back my comment about shark-jumpers.

This episode has all that I've been missing so far in Season 3. It has so many twists and turns, and, like in earlier seasons, the focus on the episode is on crime-solving, and everything that happens throughout the episode leads back to that crime-solving and the villain at hand.

[I'd rather interactions and relationships and all those other human things take a backseat rather than the front row.]

And what a villain! The "Napoleon of Blackmail" wasn't introduced in previous episodes (only very minorly hinted-at) but Lars Mikkelsen (the actor who plays him) was cold and calculative and what you'd expect to get from a villain in the final episode of a season people have been waiting two years for.

Simply brilliant, overall. Luckily there's only three episodes per season for this kind of build-up / pay-off, because if I had to wade through any more episodes like the previous two, I may have given up streamingon the show entirely.

Main story aside, there's a titbit at the end of the episode that hints at what Season 4 could be like, and if it really isn't misdirection... well, I just really hope it's not misdirection. Fingers crossed!

'Till Season 4, here's Sherlock Humour for ya. I'm currently on page 39 and it took me a few nights to get there.

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment