Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Just to show how psyched I amwas about The Avengers

I had this dream one week before the 26 April premiere. Struck out the 'am' because I'd planned for this post to go out in the last week of April, but as usual...

Anyway, in my dream, I was watching The Avengers on my laptop. I wasn't home, but I don't think I was at work either, as I wasn't busy looking over my shoulder and switching windows at intervals. I think I even felt slightly bad for watching this ahead of everyone, but I figured, hey, I get to watch this before everyone else.

Okay, so for some reason, the Avengers had to sneak into a hospital to interrogate the suspect, and in doing so, they disguised themselves as hospital staff. RDJ was there; so was ScarJo and Chris Evans.

The perp figured that there was something amiss and decided to make a run for it. He wasn't looking where he was going, made a wrong turn, accidentally smashed into a glass window, and falls right out. The hospital is actually in a high-rise.

[Just bear with me here.]

As the perp's falling (it's a very tall building), the Hulk suddenly swings towards the building, and body-slams the perp into one of the floors (forgive me if I'm not describing this properly), going through a ton of glass (windows, doors, etc.). Since the Hulk had shielded our perp through the broken glass, he was so cut by all that glass that he was also literally sliced in half. Partway, though; top down right to his purple pants.

And the best part? He wasn't dead yet. With his half-spliced body, he spun around a number of times (in total cartoon-y fashion), and regenerated.

At that point I actually dreamtthought to myself that I'm soooo gonna Wiki the Incredible Hulk after the movie.

And it's only now that the opening titles roll, in fairly cheesy B-grade effects. The camera pans over onto the top of the 'Marvel' logo, with a voice-over from Sam Jackson, saying something about 'avenging' (very similar to what RDJ says right before the "I have an army/We have a Hulk" exchange).

The camera then zooms out for the rest of the titlecard, and what do we get?

Cyrillic. Turns out I got myself the Russian bootleg.

*shudder*

Most noticeably absent from my dream was Loki, which surprised me to no end since he (well, Hiddles) was the person I'm most looking forward to seeing in The Avengers.

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment