Thursday, September 4, 2008

Spider, spider, burning bright.

[I remembered the phrase wrong. It was William Blake's The Tyger. But if I put Spider-man, that's even more ridiculous. So the above is a variation of Blake.]

Yesterday, there was a mini-hubbub in our place (between Zhang Fan, Cathy and I) 'cuz this massive spider was on the wall near their side of the house. I found out because I was going to take a piss, and they called me to come-see. I would've taken a photo, only I forgot, because I was more worried about it scurrying under my door into my room. So I didn't take my eyes offa it.

But it was huge. Here is an artistic rendition of Mr. Spider:

[What? I never said it was good.]

After we've been staring at it for 10 minutes, Zhang Fan banged on our new housemate's door (awful of me not to know her name, but she's only been here since Monday, and yesterday was the first time I saw her). This exchange happened, after we got back to staring at the spider:

ZF: You're not scared of it?
HM: No.


*pause*

ZF: Well, we are, so make it go away.

Our housemate went back into her room, brought out a plastic bag, and managed to coax the spider into falling into said bag. After doing so, she passed it to Zhang Fan, who reluctantly took it (at first they were making hand-gestures as to who's to take it out), and proceeded down the stairs to dump it, Cathy following closely. She was headed for the kitchen, and we were like, "No! No! Take it outside!" Zhang Fan was still freaked out (like, duh!), so Cathy got the door for her, and she ran out.

Zhang Fan was so bloody adorable. She didn't know where to throw the thing (no dustbins a-lurking), so she was running about all over the place, while Cathy and I were laughing like madyelling at her to just dump it next door or something. Finally, she ran across the road, dumped the plastic bag on the curb, ran back and we all went back into the house (Cathy and I were still laughing).

I'd never laughed that hard in my life.

Since it was about 12.15am, we went to bed.

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment