Monday, June 4, 2012

Third time's not so much the charm...

But it was still pretty enjoyable.

I'm referring to The Avengers, what else.

The theatre was three-quarters full. Mind you, the hall wasn't very big, but it was surprising since it was the fourth and final week of the movie's run in the theatres. And beside, only eight to ten tickets were bought up when I went to get mine (which was on the afternoon before).

I just put it down to "people who didn't get to see the movie yet."

After the first 20 minutes, it became very obvious that this wasn't anyone's first time.

For one, people weren't laughing as much as they did on opening weekend. Heck, even during my second watch people laughed louder.

The atmosphere was rather solemn, actually.

And so, partly because of the crowd, but probably mostly due to this being my third time, it wasn't as kick-ass fun as it was the first two times.

But surprisingly, I didn't get bored. It's like, one of those movies that you absolutely love, and know all the lines to, and you know that you won't be seeing it again for a very long while.

[Well, at least until it gets on HBO.]

So even though the energy wasn't really there, I still had fun. Not as much as the first time, but still there, I guess.

And of course, the Jolly Green Giant still proves irresistible in the second act. People still laughed.

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment