Monday, September 6, 2010

Because I'm lazy.

But mostly 'cuzza the writer's block. Still not over it yet, folks. Sorry.

Anyway, my thoughts on Inception and The Sorceror's Apprentice, both 2010 movies.

Inception (2010)
Chris Nolan's film about implanting an idea into someone's head via dreams is so complex, so many-layered (if you've seen the movie you'll know what I mean) that it demands every ounce of your attention lest you miss out one crucial detail. Heaven forbid you go to the bathroom for this one. One of the rare films that actually lives up to the hype, in my opinion, but then again, what else can you expect from Chris Nolan?


[The only one other I can think of is The Dark Knight. Also Nolan.]

Not really keen on the open-ended ending, though. An intriguing film, no doubt, but so far my favourite Nolan would have to be The Prestige (2008). Hard to beat two Bales and a magically-scientific Bowie.

The Sorceror's Apprentice (2010)
Typical Disney fare, but not as meh as The Prince of Persia, mostly because of Nicolas Cage. I would've preferred an all-out battle between the forces of good and that evil little girl from Salem, but that way cool battle in Chinatown does make up for it. A little. Alfred Molina doesn't die in the end, which is such an obvious ploy for a sequel. 

By the way, is it me, or does Jay Baruchel's girlfriend in the film look A LOT LIKE Kristen Stewart but blonde? Just sayin'.

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment