Sunday, January 3, 2010

Twilight Chapters 15-24 + Epilogue = Finally finished!

So sorry for the delay. I've been putting off my reading because it's such a drag to read everything from a screen.

[Note: I ALWAYS finish a book I've started.]

So in Chapter 15, we get to meet the Cullens.

Full chapter on Carlisle, which is good, since it diverts from the love-talk. The Vulturi also makes an appearance in a painting, though their collective name is not mentioned (probably because Meyer hadn't thought of it yet), only the individual members.

And then we have baseball!

[Supermassive black HOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEE!!!]

I'm enjoying the reparté. Whether it's truly witty, or I have finally lost my mindgot used to the idea of pleasant banter for the sake of it, I'unno. It's surprisingly not painful. The book also explains why James didn't kill her father. The movie, aside from saying that he's ruthless and crap, didn't explain any further, so Hollywood basically just made him look inefficient.

Additional proof that the book is ALWAYS better than the movie. Except for Perfume: Story of A Murderer (which is equally balanced in awesomeness).


Chapter 22, though long, was interesting enough as we find out about Alice's mysterious origins. Mind you, we still don't know much about her, but at least we know how she came to be. James did the first and foremost mistake in villainy, and that is monologuing to his prey. But anyway, if he didn't do that, there wouldn't be Chapter 23, which was a bit cringe-worthy because every other sentence with Edward in it refers to him as "the angel". "The angel is screaming", "The angel is so beautiful", "The angel bollocks." *rolls eyes*

The epilogue could be a few pages shorter, as most of it was of Bella crying and whining in the car about how she doesn't want to go to the prom and how she didn't see it coming and crap. It was absolutely annoying. Everyone pretty is at the prom, with special elaboration on Rosalie, which reminds me of how Movie Rosalie's prettiness can't match that of Movie Alice. Not by a long shot.

And so I'm done with Twilight. I'm not used to romance novels and teen lit, so my recounting may be a bit biased, so anyway read it at your own risk.

Twilight can also be considered the first book I've finished reading in 2010, so yeah. That's that.

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment