Monday, January 4, 2010

Avatar (2009)

Or, as it's commonly known on the Internet, Dances with Blue Furries.

I get nauseous easily, and that's why I'm very reluctant to watch a movie in 3-D because 1) 3-D is more expensive than regular movies and 2) I don't want to pay extra money to get a headache and puke all over the person in front of me.

But, the first thing I thought when the movie ended was, "Dammit, I should've seen this in 3-D."

For once, it's not overhyping on the moviemakers' part. The CGI is absolutely gorgeous, and the star of the movie is so obviously Pandora, the planet the film is set on.

Now I'm totally kicking myself for not opting for 3-D the first time.

Storyline, however, is just meh, and because of its total and utter 'meh-ness', doesn't warrant a second round in the cinemas. As you may have heard, the plot is recycled. So is every other Hollywood film, actually, but when the fact is so obvious that the movie just screams, "BORROWED MATERIAL!!", it's not a good sign.

True, the plot is just a device to show off the entire ecosystem created by the makers, but come on, we're talking about a big-budget studio movie. Don't tell me they can't come up with a storyline better than what we've been given. Jeez.

And that's why I'm not gonna watch Avatar again. I feel it's not worth a second time.

If you do want to see it on the big screen, do watch it in 3-D. Saves you the money, and the energy expended in kicking.

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment