Saturday, December 6, 2008

WATCHMEN!

[YES, AGAIN!]

Yesterday was a FANTASTIC DAY(!!!!!!!) ‘cuz the new Watchmen trailer came out last night (got it on my iTunes), and I totally spazzed out. I think I actually spent an hour watching the thing over and over again.

[YES I’M A GEEK!!!]

Geeked out when The Comedian got thrown outta the window, geeked out when I saw (AND HEARD!) Rorschach, dropped jaw at how Patrick Wilson DID NOT LOOK AND SOUND LIKE PATRICK WILSON (can’t believe how much he actually LOOKED like Daniel Dreiberg IN THE COMICS!!!), SQUEEE’D when I saw the Watchmen photo being taken (excellent casting with Jeffrey Dean Morgan, by the way, he looks SO MUCH LIKE THE BLOODY FRIGGIN’ COMEDIAN!!), and GAWKED when Laurie turned and ran from the fire (which looked kinda fake by the way, but the cinematography was absolutely, ABSOLUTELY gorgeous for that bit). THEY EVEN HAD DAN’S DREAM SEQUENCE!! BOO-YEAH!!

*does chicken dance*

I don’t remember summa the lines, though; might be rewritten for the movie. Can’t wait to see Matt Frewer as Moloch; haven’t seen him in ages (Frewer, I mean, not Moloch).

AND I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE THE BACKSTORY ON RORSCHACH!!!

[I think I might be turning into one of those people who like typing in caps.]

Quibbles: Dr. Manhattan looks like Clive Owen (nothing wrong with that, but I thought he should be looking like Billy Crudup, who actually PLAYS the guy), Adrian Veidt doesn’t look blockheaded enough and, is it me, or is Zack Snyder a fan of awful Muse song? Seriously, he had Knights Of Cydonia for the 300 trailer (which turned Pamela off, by the way, and caused us to NOT see that movie in the theatres), and now this crap for the new Watchmen trailer. I’d be turned off if I didn’t love the comic.

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment