Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Books, books, books...

Is now working on Anne Rice's Lasher, although since I just collected Queen of the Damned (also by her) this morning, I'll probably divide my time between the two. And exams are in less than a month.

Sigh.

And the edition of QotD I'm having right now (the only one available in the uni) doesn't have Stuart Townsend on the cover.

Dubblesigh-er.

So I bought my first Dean Koontz book a few weeks ago, The House of Thunder. It wasn't thick, but it was gripping enough. Got it for $5.75, which translates to RM18. Not bad for a book that normally retails for RM32.95 or something.

Finished Cry to Heaven (also Anne Rice; I'm going wild here) some time back. It was okay for me, although the revenge bit was what kept me going.

Right now my desk is swamped with textbooks and literature on the Romantic era in music history. It's for an assignment due this Monday, but somehow I'm not really panicking yet. I've still like, 500+ words left. Normally I finish everything a week before and go into editing mode, but... meh. Every moment I can, I go around playing Delicious – Emily's Tea Garden and watching Yu Yu Hakusho whenever new vids're uploaded.

Crap. Why am I overloading on self-confidence?

5 comebacks:

david santos said...

justice for nurin jazlin!

Anonymous said...

gimme gimme all those anne rice books!

i love series but once you get past 3, or 5, at most, of them, haih they get disappointng and it all goes downhill from there :(

BigFatLittlePiggy said...

xD Would love to, but they're library-owned. And I think I've exhausted their supply already -_-"

I think the only complete book series I've read is Harry Potter. Hahaha. Yeah, you're right, they do get tedious after the first few. I guess that's when the ideas start to run out lol.

eunicetan said...

i stopped harry potter before i even finished the first book lol just not my cuppa tea :P

BigFatLittlePiggy said...

I only read the books because I saw the movies. Hahaha.

Totally forgot about The Wheel Of Time. Book 6 was too long, #8 was pointless, and #10 was boring. The series redeemed itself with #11.

As of now, the final and 12th book is being posthumously completed. Hopefully it'll be out next year :P

Post a Comment