Friday, February 22, 2008

Today's update.

Surprisingly, being overseas isn't as much fun as I thought it'd be. For one thing, I miss my Mum, and I'm worried about her since she's by herself. Now, I really don't know whether that counts as homesick or not (since being homesick means you miss your home, and not one specific person. But anyways, this pretty much screws up my plan to my Masters abroad. Now if only the lotto comes in... Then I can go to the UK/US and drag Mum along with me. Won't that be fun... I mean, it'll probably mean that I won't have a life, but then again, it's not like I go to wild parties every single night, down shots, and have massive hangovers the following morning.

Second, you've to do everything YOURSELF. Which is a massive pain in the ass for me. And since I'm staying with other people, this means that I can't throw stuff around willy nilly. Oh, no... I've to tidy up, which isn't something I'm used to, since I'm naturally a human mess-machine. And the TV's downstairs. I went down just now, the room was kinda stuffy and I got a massive headache so I had to go back up again. Or maybe that was the indigestion talking.

Thirdly (and I shouldn't be bitching about this because I pretty much asked for this one), I've never done so much walking in my entire LIFE! I think the amount of walking I did over the past three days is probably enough to cover my current lifetime and the next! The university is sprawling huge, and since Wednesday was EXTREMELY wet, my feet are probably rheumatic now. Or maybe it's the muscle over-exertion, I'unno. But at least it takes me 5 minutes to walk to the place, even though it's not the mad-dash-across-the-highway route. I should really try that one of these days. Maybe when I'm late for class. I've two of them at 8 in the morning.

Fourth, public transportation. I'm still new around here, so that's probably why I'm still confused. You need to buy tickets separately first (from a 7-11 or ministores like that, but so far, I haven't seen a 7-11 yet. Haha.), and then, you can use the bus/tram/train. Sure, the seasonal tickets are at a discounted price, compared to if you buy one at a time like we do back home, but for me, it just complicates things. I'm very much more used to the 'dollar per ride' system.

Fifth, and this is based on how difficult it was for me to get a SIM pack. I pretty much walked all over the place to find one (but didn't anyway), then finally, I had to tag along with my friends, over to Box Hill, where I FINALLY got one. And then it was two hours before I got to activate my number. Although, I should've put more credit in my local number before I took off. Oh well, live and learn.

Finally went through my enrolment, even though I couldn't get my ID done yet because the system 'wasn't updated yet'. I'm the only one other student from my previous college here today, and today was supposed to be the enrolment day for us. My friend's was worse. She has to do her's on Monday because they messed up. Poor girl.

Anyway, I'm hoping that tonight won't be too cold, since I have no butt left to freeze off since Wednesday, and I haven't bought an electric blanket or gloves yet. At least now I know how to switch the heater on. Haha.

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment