Friday, January 25, 2008

Update.

Well, I haven't gotten around to updating (because I was busy and all, but mostly because I forgot to), so here's the past week or so:
1) I was home alone for five days. Really bored for a few of them, because there was crap on TV. And I gained 6 pounds from all the leftover pizza I had.
2) Weekend brought on the Heroes marathon. They showed Season 1 twice(!!) over Saturday and Sunday. With practically no comericals. 45 mins per ep., from 12pm on Saturday, till 12 am on Sunday. Whee.
3) My mom bought me a fake iPod from Beijing (that accounts for the five days). I say 'iPod' because it says so in the front. That's how I found out it was a fake. Haha. I now refer to it as The MP3 Player. It worked at first, but now it says 'Empty Disk', and I can't save/delete anything. Crapness.
4) Heath Ledger. I was really shocked when I first found out (I thought it was a hoax at first). There's never anything about him in the tabloids. I mean, I'm not exactly a huge fan of his, but I found him okay. And I was really looking forward to The Dark Knight this year (at least they've already wrapped filming). They still haven't determined the cause of death yet.
5) I went out with my mom, my aunt, my cousin, and the Archbishop yesterday for dinner. And as usual, my cousin was trying to act all knowledgeable and adult-like (he's two years older than me, but I digress). He works in a hotel, and to 'relax from all the pressure he has' (but really, I can't comment on that, I have to take his word for it), he's picked up smoking. He told us he was gonna go out for a puff, and he came back in so quick it felt more like a drag. And he says, "If you brew almonds with chestnuts, it tastes nice, because if you brew it yadda yadda yadda, etc." I've never heard the word 'brew' in so many consecutive sentences in my life. 'An intelligent person knows how to pretend to be a fool in front of a fool who pretends to be intelligent.' (Saw that phrase somewhere on the Net). The latter describes my cousin. (I'm not saying the former = moi. I just feel that he's a self-important hooey who talks too much). The other time he ordered mousse at Ingolf's and when my mom asked him how it was, he blabbered on about 'texture' and 'taste' like he was some judge in a cooking contest. Dude, 'yes' would suffice. We honestly don't give a rat's ass about details.

Speaking of talking too much, I'm signing off now.

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment