Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Looking back.

Using a term from the papers, annus horribilus means ‘horrible year’, which rather describes my 2014 to a ‘T’.

[As opposed to my first thought when seeing this term, annus horribilus has nothing to do with bad anuses ew.]

From miserably failing at my one-post-a-day quota, to flunking posting timely reviews to the movies I’ve watched (fortunately I passed movie-watching); from growing white hairs (and not due to age) to getting burned out at work (which shouldn’t happen because I actually love what I do); it's been one heck of a year for me.

And it seems that’s the general sentiment going around. I’ve heard colleagues saying (with conviction) that they hope 2015 will be a better year than this.

Well, I echo that sentiment.

Per a recent post of mine, I hope to “be so happy that when others look at me they become happy too”, to the extent that my happiness makes them explode and if I'm lucky, they stay that way. I hope that 2015 will be a year where things would be straightforward and I wouldn't have to use my noggin' to manuever/dissemble/do such silly things.

I hope 2015 will be smoother than the bumpy 2014.

Most importantly, I hope to be able to write like I used to. Words used to flow from me like wee, but for the past two years or so it's as if I have urinary tract infection.

[Meaning very little wee.]

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment