Sunday, May 15, 2011

Ebert didn't like Thor :(

I generally look forward to reading what Roger Ebert thinks about movies, especially ones that I like.

Not only because he's a very experienced and well-respected film critic (and thus, his opinions do hold water in the film community), and apart from his tending to like the kind of movies I like, he writes with wit and clarity about what he doesn't like about a film.

The more scathing the review, the more fun to read, so to speak.

[Except for Transformers 2, of which I seem to be the only person who enjoyed it.]

Also, he was the only one that had given Spider-man 2 a (deservedly!) higher rating than Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, in a time where everyone else were praising Harry Potter 3 for its dark and more sombre turn, as compared to the lighter mood of the first two movies.

HP3 was a mess. But I digress.

So I was decidedly bummed when I read that Ebert didn't like Thor, because I absolutely loved Thor. And since we're on the subject of 'mood-dampeners', my office has gone with the majority and will be watching Fast 5 on Movie Night this Wednesday.

So much for watching Thor a second time for free :(

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment