Monday, August 2, 2010

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010)

Okay, this review is so, sooo long overdue. Sorry about that. Have just been feeling uninspired and 'meh' lately.

Which brings me back to this movie. Meh.

Didn't hate it, didn't love it. For a movie based on a video game, could've been a lot better.

Likes:

  • Alfred Molina. If he's in it, I'll watch it. In this case, I've been meaning to watch PoP already, so two birds, eh?
  • The CGI is totally freaking awesome in this film! Every scene with Sand (geddit? Ged the capitalization?) looked absolutely cool, and I loved it whenever time was reversed.
  • Nostalgia. I grew up playing the first Prince of Persia game, and though I sucked at it and never got very far ('cuz I suck), it was rare to get a Mac game back in the day. And I loved it. Though I kept sliding off ledges and having bloody deaths.
  • Jake Gyllenhaal. Hot hot hot hot! Did not see that coming.
  • The Hassassins. Cool, scary mofos. Basically any scene with them in it is awesome, and that snake time-reversing scene was the best of the lot.
Dislikes:
  • Not enough shirtless Jake. Yes, I'm a geek, but I'm also there to see Jake Gyllenhaal without his shirt on, and unfortunately in this movie, he only has his shirt off in ONE scene. Somewhere near the beginning of the film.
  • PG13 storyline. I get that this is a Disney movie, but they didn't have to Disney-fy the ending. Now, I'm not against happy endings or Disney endings in general, but somehow it didn't do it for me here.
  • Too much jumping, too little fighting. Seems that he's avoiding fights more than getting into them. Not much use for cutlasses here.
  • Moar shirtless Jake!
Sorry for the half-asseddistinctive lack of effort for this review, it's just been held off for so bloody long because it totally did not leave any lasting impression on me whatsoever. Yeah, it was fun while it lasted, but eh *shrugs*

By the way, is it me, or does Gemma Arterton speak a LOT like Rachel Weisz?

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment