Sunday, May 9, 2010

Things to look forward for the rest of the year!

Plenty of stuffs comin' out 2010, aside from the usual barrage of movies I'm always crazy about, like...:


1) Towers Of Midnight
With The Gathering Storm partially completed before Robert Jordan's passing, we couldn't really see how Brandon Sanderson being the new author affected the book, as TGS was totally freaking awesome!! Save a few very obviously not-RJ's writing style in some spots, some parts wrapped up a bit too quick (considering Books 6-10 were all about making more moneyunnecessarily complicating things), overall TGS exceeded my expectations by a million-fold. Towers of Midnight will be the first book in the Wheel of Time series to be fully written by Sanderson, and with TGS being so good, standards will be very, very high. For me, at any rate. Hopefully, it will be released this October.

2) Mystery Case Files: Game 7
MCF: Dire Grove came out last year, and having played through it, I was a bit disappointed that it was a stand-alone game, rather than a direct continuation form MCF: Return to Ravenhearst, which I thought was really really awesome after the headache that was MCF: Madame Fate. The yet-untitled MCF7 is slated for release at the end of this year, and promises to continue on from RtR, where at the end of that game, Victor the (other) villain is seen leaving in a time machine heading for 2008.

3) Post-release reaction to The Last Airbender
I'm a huge fan of the animated series. Though it was a solely Western production (no collaborating with Asian studios here), the series was set in a predominantly Asian world, with a rich history and loads of backstories based on real-life Asian and Inuit culture. Unfortunately, the movie has decided to cast the leads and those who have lines, with white actors, and no, the Dev Patel card doesn't work here, because he wasn't first choice, Jesse McCartney was. Props to McCartney for backing down. Serious deviation of the source material aside, the fact that the trailer looks pretty cool (a fact that I begrudgingly admit), doesn't really help. I'm interested to see what casual fans and non-fans alike think after watching the movie.

4) My Chemical Romance's next album.
Emo or no, The Black Parade was pretty awesome. My Chem's follow-up is slated for release some time this year, and I'm pretty excited, even though they're notorious for pushing back release dates, and cancelling things (*cough*Mama*cough*). Just sayin', is all.

5) Second half of the year
I've been really crazy-busy with work the past four months (up to the point I did 7-day weeks), and though I'll still be busy, I'm starting to see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Of course, knowing my track record, that light is most probably from the bullet train that's barreling down my way, but eh, I'm in the mood for a bit of positive-thinking, which doesn't happen often.

And that's it. Five things to look forward to this year doesn't seem much, but it's still good enough for now. Oh, and Iron Man 2, which I will be watching later on today (since it's like, 1am in the morning).

And Human Target, which airs at 10.30pm on TV3 every Sunday, which I totally forgot to watch last week 'cuz I was watching CSI: Miami.

[What made it worse was that it was a repeat, and not of a very good episode, either.]

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment