Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I can has Perfume!

I really can has xD

Last weekend marked my first weekend off in months, because I've been doing seven days since Chinese New Year's.

So I went to the bookstore, and got myself Perfume: The Story of a Murderer.

Yes, as in THE BOOK. It was only 24 dollars and not 32.95.

I'd link to a previous post that has me raving about how totally freaking awesome the movie was, but looking through the archive, there doesn't seem to be any. Huh.

So, here's a summary (or a recap, if there really was an earlier post):

Jean-Baptiste Grenouille was born with an extremely keen sense of smell, able to distinguish even the minutest of scent, one from the other. He becomes obsessed with capturing scent and preserving it, or rather, its beauty, and through the course of the book, he goes on a killing spree, combining his victims' scent to make the ultimate perfume.

The book is much darker than the movie, although it's close. Maybe Alan Rickman didn't like how his character ended up in the book.

Anyway (if it hasn't been typed yet), I first saw the trailer when I got my laptop and was still crazy about iTunes. Even though it caught my attention, I conveniently forgot about the movie until my mom was telling me how Alan Rickman was in this creepy movie on TV once (she was trying to figure out the title so long I suggested Die Hard for the heck of it), and mentioned the word 'perfume'.

AND THEN I REMEMBERED !~!ONEleven

I was back for winter hols then, and luckily, they had a rerun that same month (of July of '08, if you were wondering). The rest, they say, is history.

I haven't had the time to properly sit down and enjoy the book again. Hopefully I can do that this weekend :)

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment