Thursday, May 21, 2009

This has been driving me nuts!

There's this song on the radio that was stuck in my mind for a while (in a good way), but, having the misfortune of not catching either the title nor the artiste, I only had part of the lyrics to go with.

The Google wasn't really on my side, either, but the song sounded like The Killers, which made things slightly promising.

After Wiki-ing them (yea, I was desperate), I decided to check out Spaceman on YouTube since it was their latest single. It didn't really sound like the one I heard on the radio in some parts (the lyrics I Googled with weren't in the song), but since I only heard bits of it, I thought I had it right, so I was happy.

I was also wrong.

A few days later, I managed to catch the song again, this time from the halfway onwards, and since my mom wasn't in the car, I could pay attention to the DJ at the end of it to see whether the song name/artist was mentioned.

I heard "Pesawat".

While I was trawling the radio websites for the song (yes, I was THAT desperate) before stumbling onto Spaceman, I came across the Malaysian Entertainment Top 10 charts, which I didn't give a glance, since it's, well, local.
But I did notice that band's name, plus their song.

Back to the YouTube. Finally got to hear the song in its entirety. And I'm right this time, so yay.

Now THIS is what's been driving me crazy:

Both songs sound very alike.

Yes, you read right. A song, by a local band, sounding like it came from an internationally-acclaimed band. Almost exactly, even. And me liking it.

That coming from me.

Now, there's nothing wrong about that; it's just that I'd like some validation on whether there's something wrong with my HEARING, that is, if everyone else doesn't think the songs are alike, and could tell them apart by miles.

I've embedded the songs below, do check them out:

Excuse Me - Pesawat:


Spaceman - The Killers:


So do they, or don't they, sound alike? Please comment; this has been niggling me in the mind-nuts for some time now.

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment