Monday, May 11, 2009

Melbourne, Day 1!

So we touched down at about 10am, headed to the hotel to check in, before going out for lunch. We stayed at the Crown Promenade, which isn't in the city, but just on the outskirts. It IS close to the Convention Centre, which I have to get there at 9am on Day 2 for my graduation ceremony.

Photos of the hotel room:

Highly overpriced snacks.

Cutlery and things. Surprisingly, the drink packets were free. We think. Shit.

Closet.

In the bathroom.

In the bathroom Pt. 2.


FLAT-screen.

And double beds. TWIN double beds. Mine is on the right.

After making sure everything's okay, we took the train to Camberwell to go to Sofia's, which is well-known for huge, huge, huge-ass servings. We had the Pasta Mista, which to me, is the pasta sampler, since they give you 3 types of pasta on one plate.

Picture doesn't do it justice. It was fucking HUGE!

Dollar to a dollar, $30 is SO WORTH IT for a plate like this, but conversion really is a bitch.

We couldn't finish the pasta, so we took it back with us.

After that, I met up with my landlady to get my mail, then we headed to the Tax Office to handle my tax returns.

[Yes, I have tax returns to file. I am officially an adult.]
[Tee dubble hee.]

The whole Tax Office thing was pretty straightforward, and I got it down in a (waitforit) jiffy. After that, we got so lazy (well, me, actually) of walking around that we just took a cab back to the hotel. It cost us $10.

[In case you're wondering, the pasta was still with us. Luckily it didn't spoil over.]


Back at the hotel, I started jumping on the beds for a bit, then plomped down to watch TV. As I've mentioned here, they have an ass-ton of good American TV shows that puts Malaysia to shame.

[I was prejudiced; always had the impression that Aussie TV will show ass-ton of Aussie shows. It's equally balanced, actually.]

After (no. 4) watching Everybody Loves Raymond, Family Guy, and a few other shows that I DO watch (but can't really recall), we went out to check out the way to the Convention Centre, which isn't as close as I thought it'd be. Took us about 20 minutes to get it right, because I took us on the wrong path for a while and had to double back.

The city skyline at night is way lovely. BRIGHT PRETTY LIGHTS!!1one

We had dinner in our room; the leftover pasta. Surprisingly, it's still good from all that walking. We couldn't finish it, so we ate most, and put it aside. Sob.

Then we went to sleep.

MULTIPLE photos of the view from our room:

That is the Yarra River.

PricewaterhouseCoopers. It'd be cool if I was attached to that company, WHICH I'M NOT. *FUME!*

Same thing at night.

Annndd....

Ray Romano.

That's all for Day 1, folks. Day 2 shall be up soon.

2 comebacks:

Rachael Lim said...

congrats on your graduation!

BigFatLittlePiggy said...

Thanks! :D

Post a Comment