Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mamma Mia! (2008)

The storyline for Mamma Mia! is silly and kinda pointless, but I'm an ABBA fan, so I didn't mind so much ;)

[We missed like, the first 10 minutes, so the some bits (like the names) was Wiki-ed.]


*spoilers*

Sophie is getting married, and she finds out that she has three possible fathers, played by Pierce Brosnan, Stellan SkarsgÄrd and Colin Firth. She invites them over for the wedding, unbeknownst to her mother, Meryl Streep, and then mayhem (and ABBA songs) begin to ensue. The movie ends with the whole father issue still unsolved, with Sophie gaining three fathers in the process. Like Three Men And A Baby.

I liked the movie; it was funny. I thought the three men should've gotten a bit more screen time ('cuz I find them adorable), but that's just me. I'm also a HUGE ABBA fan, since my parents force-fedwould blast it on the car radio whenever we visited the grandparents for the New Year. AND it was a six-hour drive, so I guess the subliminal messaging was pretty successful.

All in all, I loved the movie, but I guess I'm biased in that sense 'cuz I love ABBA.

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment