Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Music, music, music....

So I finally got a reply from the university enrolment officer, saying that I can be exempted in prerequisite part since I have a Grade 8 distinction (yes, thank you very much!). All I've to do now is think about whether I want to take the two electives in Semester 2 (which means that, the people that I want to show my electives off to would've graduated already), or to spread out the electives for two semesters (one each). The one that needs the prerequisite has a paper in Music History, something that I'm interested in. Decisions, decisions, decisions....

Talking about music, the past few days I was checking out Weird Al Yankovic. Yup, that's right. His videos are absolutely hilarious! If I hadn't seen the videos, I don't think I'd have appreciated his music more. Smells Like Nirvana was really spot-on with the original Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana. Fat was cute. I really wish he'd do a video for every parody he does. Right now, Trapped In The Drive-Thru (based on R. Kelly's Trapped In The Closet; which is pretty nice in itself) is running through my head.

Pamela told me that she likes System Of A Down's Lonely Day. I was really surprised; System Of A Down's alternative, and she's pretty much stuck on oldies and mildies. Turns out the song had a bit part in Disturbia, and as Shia LaBeouf is her current craze (I get it, he's very likeable, but he's not cute, ya know), I'm guessing that Disturbia is her favourite movie right now. Anyway, I checked out the song, it's not bad. Love the music; too bad about the lyrics. Maybe it's just me, but I find it kinda emo. There's only so many times you can say 'lonely day' in every sentence. I mean, Weird Al did say 'drive-thru' 7 or 8 times, but it's a parody! Like, R. Kelly said 'closet' like 5 times before the song ended!

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment