Monday, October 28, 2013

Post-hiatus (that's right!) ramblings, and general update.

Hello, dear, dear reader!

Okay, first off, I'm pretty much a headcase at the moment.

I mean, this post is short not for artistic reasons. I've always prided myself in being able to write whenever, and currently I am lacking inspiration, with very minimal impression of the movies I've seen during the summer (I'm not referring to procrastination here; I can't articulate let alone write a damn thing minutes after I've left the theatre).

Movies used to be the easiest to write about. My brain seems to go into shutdown whenever I'm not at work, and doesn't want to translate anything into type.

So what this post is for, really, if not to make more excuses and at least, try to fathom what is bloody wrong with me.

Hence, awesome reader (if you're still with me), I'm gonna force myself to write. Starting tomorrow, I will multi-browser window less, focus on banging out just one topic (in hopes that I can get the rusty cogs of creativity to roll smoothly again), and I aim to at least PUBLISH ONE POST A DAY.

YES.

ONE PER DAY.

EVEN IF I HAVE TO FORCE-POOP IT OUT.

That (and work) aside, this is what I've been up to:

  1. Volunteering as a proofreader with Distributed Proofreaders.
    Project Gutenberg is an online archiving initiative to turn copyright-expired books (read: really old books) into free ebooks for download to the general public. Newbies start off at P1 (most basic) and progress through two higher rounds of proofreading before going to formatting.
    There's something rather addictive in comparing scanned texts with typeface (proofreading has no need for HTML tags), so if you're interested, please check out the above very-first link.

  2. Playing Teacher Story. Pixellated characters get me.

  3. Other online activities include YouTubing for Honest Trailers and Everything Wrong With [Movie Title], and going on PerezHilton.com and Tom Hiddleston's Twitter. I'm lucky Benedict Cumberbatch doesn't have Twitter.

  4. Went on an eight-day packaged tour in Europe last two weeks. And no, I haven't forgotten that I have a five-year old Australian and a two-year old French-Swiss-Italian mix in the wings.
Phew. My post for the day. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go prep for tomorrow.

0 comebacks:

Post a Comment