Sunday, December 23, 2012

The end wasn't nigh.

21 December 2012 was two days ago, and looks like we're all still standing.

I was actually kinda excited (in a good way, not in a Doomsday Prepper way) about this whole end-of-the-world business, yannoe.

After all, how often does this kind of thing happen, right?

This was a topic of discussion over lunch early this week, and my colleague told us that she heard that the world was to end at 11.11am, Friday.

Reading the paper on the can Friday morning, I found out that it would actually be 7.11pm, Friday.

Since I was on leave (skipped out on the X'mas party, yeah!), my mom and I went to look at washing machines, before lunching and going home. I napped on-and-off, and woke at around 5pm to massively heavy (and seemingly torrential) rains outside.

First thing I thought was, "40 days and 40 nights."

[The Biblical one, not the Josh Hartnett one.]

Even before I dozed off I wasn't that all afraid about what was coming. I guess the mild panic only set in during the last few hours, especially when it seemed the rain didn't seem to let up for quite a while.

Anyway, the rain stopped at 6-plus, and at 7.11pm, there was no rain at all.

Well, as we currently know, nothing of apocalyptic significance or import happened, unless 'Patient Zero' surfaced somewhere and is being hushed-up.

So since for now, Friday finished on a pretty dull (and slightly disappointing) note for me, I'd like to sign off with this little picture of a cat (gotten from the Mayans' 'official' Twitter)...


0 comebacks:

Post a Comment